The different types of heavy equipments are the workhorse of construction industry. Heavy machinery and equipment is a serious business and costly too. While buying these equipment a number of factors should be considered as duration, scale, budget and their future use. The harsh construction activities leads to wear and tear, hence buying quality equipments is of utmost importance. In such cases it is good to buy the equipment from a branded company. Companies like Caterpillar Inc. sell both new and used (in running conditions) equipments. They offer good deals for the same.
Some useful tips on buying equipment from companies are as follows:
- There are a number of construction projects in pipeline. If the existing current equipment will not be able to complete all tasks, then additional equipment are required. While purchasing equipment in bulk one should check if they adhere to quality standards and are user friendly. They should be compatible with the worksite conditions. Such bulk purchase should be made from companies since goods can be negotiated with them.
- The company’s Application specialist also guides and gives suggestions/advice on operation of these machines. In addition, he provides troubleshooting to the problems faced by the customers while using these machines.
- Construction is an expensive business. Purchasing brand new equipment requires a lot of planning. The owner may not be able to purchase brand new machines due to economic constraints. Further, always the operators are not comfortable while using new machines embedded with latest technology. Hence, the company has to impart training to them which adds to the cost. In this case purchasing used (pre-owned) machines is helpful. One just has to ensure that all the parts are in working conditions and will not have to bear huge repair costs in future.
- When purchased from companies, the equipments have warranty period. If anything goes wrong with equipment during this period it will be repaired free of costs. The equipment needs to be backed by the in-house service team.
- Buying from companies will be economical since they offer routine inspection and guide on maintenance of the equipment. The spare parts will be also available with them.
- At times these companies lend their equipment to the customers for fixed time period. This practice allows the customer to get used to equipment and later purchase it.
- Many times these equipment are given on loan basis. One just has to pay monthly instalment till it recovers the cost.
Heavy machinery and equipment is an expensive business. The production depends on the kind and quality of equipment used. One has to ensure that these machines are bought from trusted dealer or companies so that it turns beneficial in the long run.